Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

August 9, 2017

Oriental Trading - Back to School Survival Kit

Hello! Today I have a back to school project to share featuring products from Oriental Trading.  Back to school can be a crazy time of year so I wanted to put together a quick and easy gift idea which is also practical.  I would call it a teacher survival kit with some extra supplies.
I have 3 teachers in my immediate family so I know how tight their budgets are for supplies. Oriental Trading has lots of products available in the school supplies category.  Based upon one's budget, the gift basket can be any size.  I started my project with a Large Galvanized Pail and added some ribbon from the Family Ribbon Assortment package around the pail for a decorative element.
I picked out some fun items from the Teacher Supplies, Classroom Supplies & Resources Store and from the Craft Supplies Store for my survival kit.  I wanted the items to not only be functional for the classroom but also serve a dual purpose and be a fun gift specifically for the teacher.  A set of Watercolor Paint Brushes, some Sharpies and some colored and basic pencils were definitely must haves.  I added the Watercolor Paint Brushes to a jar which was perfect for storage.  Some Berry Trendy Twine added a pop of color to my jar.  I also tucked in a couple of adhesive items including glue and Glue Dots which are definite must haves.
To finish off my project, I added a fun printable tag on some White Paper Stock.  The printable tag was displayed on a Mini Wooden Easel.  All of the items were placed in a gorgeous Grey Distressed Wood Nesting Tray.  I added a couple of rolls of ruler themed washi tape and a light bulb full of paper clips (purchased at Walmart).  The tray, galvanized pail and jar can all be repurposed and used in the classroom.
I hoped you enjoyed checking out my projects. These items are available in the Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Store, the Craft Supplies Store, and from the Teacher Supplies, Classroom Supplies & Resources Store all from Oriental Trading. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!
This review is based strictly on my opinion.  I was provided the samples free of charge by Oriental Trading to provide my honest review.  No other type of compensation was received.  All ideas and opinions are my own.  

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect back-to-school gift for a teacher!! I'd love these supplies myself!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a GREAT idea! Any teacher would love to have this presented to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! What a Fantastic Kit! I think any Teacher would LOVE this!! Have a great weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool kit my friend!! LOVE this!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete